What income is tax free?
Applicable for all individual tax payers:
Rebate of up to Rs 12,500 is available under section 87A under both tax regimes. Thus, no income tax is payable for total taxable income up to Rs 5 lakh in both regimes. Rebate under section 87A is not available for NRIs and Hindu Undivided Families (HUF)
Which is the highest post in income tax department?
Following is the list of ranks in the income tax department in India:
- Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax or Principal Director General of Income Tax.
- Chief Commissioner of Income Tax or Director General of Income Tax.
- Principal Commissioner of Income Tax or ADG/Principal Director of Income Tax.
How is tax calculated on salary?
Now, one pays tax on his/her net taxable income.
- For the first Rs. 2.5 lakh of your taxable income you pay zero tax.
- For the next Rs. 2.5 lakhs you pay 5% i.e. Rs 12,500.
- For the next 5 lakhs you pay 20% i.e. Rs 1,00,000.
- For your taxable income part which exceeds Rs. 10 lakhs you pay 30% on entire amount.
How tax is deducted from salary?
TDS is Tax Deducted at Source – it means that the tax is deducted by the person making payment. … For instance, An employer will estimate the total annual income of an employee and deduct tax on his Income if his Taxable Income exceeds INR 2,50,000. Tax is deducted based on which tax slab you belong to each year.
How much annual income is taxable?
As per interim budget 2019, Individual taxpayers having taxable annual income up to Rs. 5 lakh will get full tax rebate u/s 87A and therefore will not be required to pay any income tax. However Income tax Slabs and Rates will remain unchanged for the FY2019-20.
What part of income is taxable?
Taxable income is your gross income minus allowable deductions. It’s the income you have to pay tax on. It includes income from: wages and salaries.