How do I find my TurboTax serial number?
To find your serial number, go into the program to the payment section, select pay by credit card. You should see a screen pop up. You should be able to find the information on that screen for the serial number.
Where is the activation code on TurboTax desktop?
To activate your TurboTax Live Federal & State, plus E-file product, you’ll need the 16-character activation code (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that can be found: On the product box insert; OR.
Where is my TurboTax file on my computer?
If you use the CD or download TurboTax software, your tax files are stored wherever you save them on the computer that you use. In Windows the default location is the My DocumentsTurboTax folder, but you could have saved them somewhere else. The tax returns data files for 2017 have the file name extension .
What is an efile confirmation number?
An e-file confirmation number would be provided to you if you used a paid tax professional to e-file your tax return. The TurboTax software is not a paid tax professional. It is only tax preparation software to assist you in completing your Self-Prepared tax return.
Why is my TurboTax license code not working?
If your license code isn’t working to activate the TurboTax software, it may be because you’ve entered it incorrectly. Double-check your code and enter it carefully in the License code box on the installation screen. Note: Your license code is not case sensitive—you don’t need to worry about capitalization.
Can you use TurboTax activation code online?
can I use that activation code to use the online version? No, the activation code can not be used to activate the Online Software. The activation code can only be used to get a download instead of a CD.
Why is TurboTax asking for my activation code again?
If you are using desktop software, are you launching your software, and TurboTax is asking you to activate with the license code again? … It can often be due to a USB drive or device that has changed since you installed TurboTax, such as a thumb drive, other external drive, USB printer, etc.
How do I redeem a code on TurboTax?
I bought a turbotax license code. How do I use it?
- Go to InstallTurboTax.com.
- Set up a TurboTax account.
- Enter your license code in the pop up window. …
- Select your operating system, and select Get Download.
- Download your software and install.
How do I read a TurboTax file?
Once you access the account used to file previous returns, Turbotax recommends selecting the “Documents” option on the left menu. The selection is located immediately below the “Tax Home” label. Next, access the drop-down menu to select the desired tax year for the return you want to retrieve.
How do I access old TurboTax files?
You can access your prior year returns using the Documents tab in the navigation.
- When you sign in, make sure you’re using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as in prior years.
- Select Documents from the navigation when it appears.
How do I recover lost files on TurboTax?
How to Restore Turbotax Files (9 Steps)
- Open the Remote Data Backup software that you purchased through Turbotax. …
- Select the “Backup View” or “Retrieve View” tab in the Remote Data Backup program.
- Find the “Operations Menu” and select “Find.”
- Type in the name of the Turbotax file you’d like to restore.
How do I find my efile confirmation number?
ProFile users are prompted to print the confirmation number for record keeping after undertaking a T2 return EFILE. The EFILE confirmation number can be found on the return if the confirmation number is lost or is not printing upon being prompted.
How do I check my e-filing status?
View Refund/ Demand Status
- Login to e-Filing website with User ID, Password, Date of Birth / Date of Incorporation and Captcha.
- Go to My Account and click on “Refund/Demand Status”.
- Below details would be displayed. Assessment Year. Status. Reason (For Refund Failure if any) Mode of Payment is displayed.
What is a tax form confirmation number?
There is no such IRS confirmation number. The IRS does not send you any type of confirmation number when using tax preparation software to e-file your tax return. When the IRS either accepts or rejects your e-filed tax return you will receive an email from TurboTax for the acceptance or the rejection.